- Can I financially support myself and another person or will I become a heavy financial burden?
- Am I thinking about a serious marriage or will it be just casual date? If it is the latter, it is better to stay uncommitted and be opened to more choices. Choose group outing instead...especially those with no strings attached and emotional baggages.
- Do I really know what I am looking for in a relationship that will make the both of us happy for a very long time?
- What is the time between the first date to the day when you are ready to say "I do"? And by the way, it is likely that one will change boyfriends/girlfriends a few times before he/she finally zeros down to the final one. If the courtship is anything more than 2-3 years before marriage, then you might want to stick to friendship so as to free yourself for a heavy emotional burden. Not many couples survived courtship-marathons.
- Do you know what you want in life? Do you know what characteristics you are looking for in your boyfriend/girlfriend that will support your life goals and vice versa?
- Have you thought about how you can be a help and support to the other party?
Ok, I know this is a lot of questions to ask...but don't give up dating. :) Think of it as learning to drive a car. You will need to take lessons and then pass a driving test before you get a legal license to drive on the road. Well, like it or not, committing to a relationship is much like it. Some take on a relationship without much knowledge and then suffer a "love-wreck"! There are somethings you folks can learn about boy-girl relationships to save yourselves from unnecessary heartaches. If you can do it the sweet and safe way, why take the hard knocks? Just do some learning so that your experiences with dating relationships can be sweet and meaningful. Yes, even if there will be failed relationships, they will not be too bitter and heartbreaking. Rather, they can become stepping stones to long-lasting and fruitful love-ship. :)